Replacement KU Card Fee Waiver for LGBTQ+ Students

Student Senate will cover replacement KU card fees for LGBTQIA+ students who need a new photo on their ID. 

The SGD center, Diversity and Equity, and Student Senate worked together to also make it possible to change the first name listed on the campus ID card. Please know that having a legal name change is not required for the fee waiver.

​Please email to request the form to receive a new card free of charge.

Please include your official name and student ID in the email. After receiving your email application, we will inform the KU Card office to send the invoice for your replacement card to the KU Student Senate Office. You will be able to get a new card without paying any fees. Please know that other KU systems will be updated with your new photo.

​Please contact or if you have any questions about this process