UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS
The committees - Finance, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Student Rights, and University Affairs - are open to all University of Kansas students. Voting rights are guaranteed at the first meeting of the semester, or if a student attends two consecutive meetings. If you have questions about a particular committee, email the respective committee chair below.
The schedule can be found on our homepage or by clicking here.
*Due to safety concerns related to COVID-19, all Student Senate meetings will be held virtually through Zoom. Please see our homepage for more information.
- Hear and discuss financial bills and pass legislation to allocate student fees.
- Committee Chair: Hammad Hussain, email@example.com
- Reviews and amends the Code of Student rights and responsibilities.
- Committee Chair: Derek Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address issues that directly involve student life.
- Committee Chair: Danielle Wolff, email@example.com
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Carry out concerns of marginalized students and organizations.
- Committee Chair: Ximena Ibarra, firstname.lastname@example.org
The most common way students get involved in Student Senate is by running with coalitions during Spring elections each year. In these elections, University of Kansas students vote for their preferred student government candidates for the next academic year. To learn more about the Student Senate elections, click here.
Open Senator Seats
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (2)
- Non-traditional (2)
Student Organization Open Seats
There are also a number of seats vacant for student organizations. If you are in these organizations and interested, please reach out to your respective president for more information
- Multicultural Greek Council
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Asian American Student Association
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Graduate Student Advisory Board
- KU TPE
Court of Appeals
The Student Senate Court of Appeals serves as the Judicial Branch of the Student Senate. The Court is the primary arbiter of all disputes arising under the application of Student Senate Rules and Regulations. Justices are expected to be neutral members of Student Senate as well as consistent interpreters of procedures.