Ad Astra Per Aspera Scholarship
The Ad Astra Per Aspera First Generation Scholarship
Ad Astra per Aspera, To the Stars and Beyond
This scholarship is intended for first generation students who plan to pursue a career in public service, with the intention of continually reaching for the stars and beyond. The Student Senate Educational Opportunity Fund Committee will select two scholarship recipients and will conduct a formal announcement ceremony once recipients have been chosen. Each non-renewable scholarship is $2,000 and is to be used to cover the cost of tuition and fees at KU for the fall 2016 semester.
- Must be a first-generation college student;
- Must attend the University of Kansas-Lawrence Campus;
- Must have an interest in and plan to pursue a career in public service;
- Must be a current college sophomore or junior;
- Must be in good academic standing with the university.
- May not be a member of Student Senate in any capacity
- All applicants must submit a resume.
- All applicants must submit a Degree Progress Report.
- All applicants must complete an essay that is between 1,000-1,500 words. The topic for the essay shall be: "In what ways does your first generation student status encourage you to reach for the stars, and how does your interest in public service encourage others to do the same?"
Completed applications are due Friday, February 12th, at 5:00 p.m. Applications may be submitted via email to the Student Senate Staff Assistant, Sabine Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly to the Student Senate office in the KU Memorial Union, Suite 410. Please direct any question to Student Body President Stephonn Alcorn at email@example.com