This page will be updated frequently as policies and the status of developing our initiatives change.
For more information on our policy and platform progress, contact our Policy & Development Director Jacob Murray at email@example.com
Check back on this page for updates and more policies as they are added throughout the year!
Summer Venture in Business
The Summer Venture in Business is a pre-college summer academy housed in the School of Business for high school students from underrepresented ethnic minorities who are interested in business. The goal of this 3-day program is to familiarize students with aspects of the college experience in and out of the classroom. This program will serve as a pipeline program for students to access academic resources and opportunities at KU. In addition to exposing participants to business topics, Summer Venture aims to equip students with the tools and knowledge for applying to the University, succeeding in college, and prospering in their careers.
- Application will be available beginning November 2016 (10/26/16)
- Policy & Development Director has met with potential University and corporate sponsors to gain support (10/26/16)
First-Generation Peer Mentorship Program
This program will help first-generation, at-risk, and low-income students reach success at the University by creating a peer-to-peer mentorship program led by fellow first-generation students. The goal of this program is to help these students navigate the college experience through accessibility to academic resources, professional development, and financial aid instruction while fostering connections to existing University programs and services.
- Currently developing program structure and its future position within University institutions (10/26/16)
- Recruiting student academic resources to create content for future program participants (10/26/16)
- Establishing outreach plan (10/26/16)